We, Jean and John Dean, 2a The Parade, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire SL8 5SY (the Hosts) allow you, the Guest, to use the Property Warwick Road Studios (allocated apartment) for the duration and rate specified above on a limited licence basis subject to the terms of this agreement.
Individuals may only licence the Property where it is not their only or principal home (for example, for holiday or student use). Businesses may licence the Property for employees or other individuals to use for personal use, but the Property may not be used for commercial purposes, such as an office. There is no right to remain at the Property after the departure date.
You may share the Property with other people, but no more than 4 people in Apartments 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 and 3 people in Apartment 6 may sleep at or use the facilities at the Property.
Your entitlement to use and remain in the Property for the duration of this agreement is conditional on your compliance with the following terms and conditions.
Your personal data will be dealt with in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
- To submit the rent to the Hosts by the dates specified.
- In no circumstances to use the Property for business use or as your principal or only residence and not to sublicence (or seek to sublet) the Property (or seek to do so) or seek to assign this agreement to any third party.
- That the maximum duration of this agreement (through any agreed extensions) is three months from and including the date of your arrival.
- To keep the interior of the Property, fixtures, furniture and effects in as good and clean state of repair, condition and decoration as they are in when you arrive and make good all damage and breakages which may occur to them during your stay.
- Not to make any alteration or addition to the Property.
- Not to damage or remove from the Property any of the furniture or effects.
- Not to keep any animal or bird on the Property without our prior written consent, which consent shall be at our absolute discretion and may be revoked at any time.
- Not to make a copy of any keys for the Property or the building.
- Not to smoke in the Property or the building.
- Not to display any advertisement, signboards or signs at the Property to the extent that they can be seen from the outside or damage the interior in any way.
- To clean or pay for the cleaning of all carpets, furniture and curtains if any included have been soiled during your stay beyond normal wear and tear.
- When you leave, to deliver up the Property in the same good and clean state of repair, condition and decoration as it was in when you arrived and with the same furniture, fixtures and effects in the same rooms or places in which they were at the outset.
- To insure your own personal possessions. Cancellation insurance is not included in the rental. If this is required, you must make your own arrangements.
- Not to leave the Property unoccupied unless all windows are closed and doors are locked. Any theft from or damage to the Property will be your responsibility, unless there is clear evidence of
unlawful entry, as agreed by our insurance company.
- Not to do anything that will or might vitiate in whole or in part any insurance in respect of the Property or building, or increase the insurance premium.
- Not to obstruct the common areas of the building or cause any damage to the property of owners or occupiers of neighbouring or nearby property or buildings.
- Not to use the Property or allow its use for any purpose which is unlawful, immoral, offensive, dangerous or do or allow anything to be done in the Property or building that may become a nuisance to us or occupiers of nearby premises.
- Not to play any musical instrument or audible music between the hours of 11 pm and 8 am.
- To observe any of our rules and regulations as notified to you.
- That we (and those authorised by us) may enter the Property at any time and that no relationship of landlord and tenant exists or shall exist between us.
- The Deposit shall be payable when you book and the balance of the rent 6 weeks before the start date.
- We reserve the right to re-license the Property if the balance has not been received by the due date, and to retain the deposit.
- Utility costs are included in the rent.
- Bed linen is included, 1 set per bed.
- Towels are supplied, 1 per guest.
- Front door keys are provided. If you lose any key, we reserve the right to change the lock and deduct the cost of this from the deposit.
- Subject to clause 22, we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any belongings, or injuries sustained by any occupant or visitor to the Property.
- Nothing in this agreement seeks to exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
Cancellation and termination:
- Any cancellation should be made in writing.
- If you cancel the booking at least 6 weeks before the start date, we shall refund any prepaid fees to you less the deposit, which shall be retained as a genuine pre-estimate of the loss caused by your cancellation.
- If you cancel the booking less than 6 weeks before the start date, we shall retain all prepaid fees including the deposit, as a genuine pre-estimate of the loss caused by your cancellation.
- We may cancel or terminate your booking at any stage if you breach this agreement and fail to rectify the breach within three days of our request for you to do so. If the breach has caused us a loss, we may retain such an amount from any pre-payment you have made as is equivalent to the cost of repairing that damage or compensating us for the loss. The remainder of any pre-paid amount shall be returned to you.
- We also reserve the right to cancel or terminate the booking for any reason at any stage but would only do so in exceptional circumstances and then all fees paid for a period during which you did not stay at the Property due to our termination will be refunded to you, but we will not have any further liability beyond this.
Online booking services:
- If you have booked via an internet booking service and there is any discrepancy between their terms and conditions as applicable between you and us and this agreement, the terms set out or referred to in the relevant listing will override the terms in this agreement in relation to that particular discrepancy, including without limitation in relation to the cancellation provisions.
- This agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
Arrival and Departure:
Guests should arrive after 1500 hrs on the first day and be ready to leave by 1100 hours on the day of departure (unless we have agreed alternative times with you in writing or by e-mail). Every effort is made to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable and we would appreciate that any problems should be brought to our attention as soon as possible.